Monday, January 29, 2018

Infinite

Hoyto tomari jonno
Hoyechi preme ji bonno
Jani tumi onno
Ashar haat baraye…”*

 If I could be infinite,
I would be infinite with you.

The pastels on my paintbrush,
can never reflect the colours,
I saw with you.

I can smell only your fragrance,
in the woody misty air,
amidst a fresh forest.

I extend my hand to caress the air,
which you walked in,
So, I find a part of you.

 I look to recreate my soul,
with your memories.

Your long dark tresses,
Caressing your face,
The slight swing of the hip,
Caught only by my lusty eyes.

You made me love and lust,
With equal measure.
The kind beyond definitions,
Cause love without lust,
is meaningless,
And lust without love,hollow.

My soul yearns for yours,
If I could be infinite, I would be infinite with you.

Tumi to boloni mondo
Tobu keno protibondo
Rekhona moner dondo
Shobchere chole jaai………” *

* Bengali song originally from Teen Bhuboner Pare adapted by Rupankar "





No comments:

Marigold

I will let you in on a mystery, if you are for keeps Been harboring it for days, in my slience habitual denial and hurt held in heaps O...